Great news from @nationalparkservice about our backyard park – beginning Monday, 5/18, @grandtetonnps will begin a phased re-opening, increasing recreational access and some limited visitor services.
On Monday, 5/18, the Park will open with the following services:
• Primary road access (Teton Park Road, Moose-Wilson Road and North Park Road)
• Public restrooms in some areas
• Day-use hiking on seasonally-accessible trails
• Riverbank and lakeshore fishing
• Multi-use pathway system (where free from snow)
• Limited commercial-use authorization tours (biking, wildlife, etc.)
• Several viewpoints continue to be accessible along US Highway 89/26/191
With public health in mind, the following facilities remain closed or services are unavailable at this time;
• Park visitor centers
• Overnight lodging
• Food service
• Boating/floating on river and lakes
• Backcountry permits
• Special-use permits
It is anticipated that expanded recreational and visitor services will be available as the park continues a phased opening approach, conditions permitting. When recreating, the public should follow local health guidance, practice Leave No Trace principles, avoid crowding, and avoid high-risk outdoor activities. If you choose to visit Grand Teton National Park during this time, please do so responsibly.
For more information from the Park Service, please visit https://bit.ly/gtnp-reopening.